Canon J PVC Card Tray - 2 Cards
- Do not insert the tray until the printer tells you to do so - follow the steps below.
- Open the generated PDF using Adobe Acrobat Reader. See Notes at the bottom of this page.
- Select File > Print
- Make sure that any "Scaling" settings are set to 100%. Failure to do this will cause your ID Cards to print too small, too large, or in the wrong location.
- Select Paper Size: Disc Tray J
- Select Media Type: Other Papers > Printable Disc (Recommended)
- Place 2 cards in the PVC Card Tray (even if you are only printing on one).
- If you are printing more than 2 cards you can send all cards to the printer at once, the printer will print them in order, asking you to re-insert the tray after each print completes.
- When using most Canon J tray printers, you should not have the tray in the printer when you press print. Instead, keep the door for the tray closed and print from your computer (selecting the correct print settings), the printer will then make noise for a few moments, eventually it will stop and it will tell you on the screen to open the tray slot door and insert the tray, then press a button on the printer to continue printing.
- Press Print on your computer.
- Follow the instructions on your printer and/or in your print driver to complete the print.
- If you print with a bleed, be sure to turn your tray upside down to remove the cards onto your desk, then wipe the tray with a paper towel/cloth to get excess ink off the tray. Doing this will avoid getting ink smudges on your hands and cards.
On macOS 10.14 and higher you may run in to a problem printing from the Preview application. We've found that in this case Acrobat Reader is able work.
On Windows 10 there is no way to adjust Scaling when printing from the default Windows PDF application. Instead, please use Adobe Acrobat Reader, or the built-in PDF reader in the Google Chrome browser.
If you generate your printable using the "Canon J PVC Card Tray - 2 Cards" template and the image prints about 0.6 inches (15mm) off of the cards, you'll want to instead use the "Canon J PVC Card Tray ( Alternate) 2 cards" setting.